Although the release date for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones is still about a year away, we have a production update to share with you. Along with a new promotional image, we have a fully updated cast listing for the Harald Zwart-directed adaptation of the best-selling Cassandra Clare novel. The fantasy series follows a teenage girl who discovers that she’s descended from a sect of half-angel warriors who protect the world from demons. Hit the jump for the most up-to-date casting info and a new promotional image.
Here’s the new cast listing and a description of the novel behind The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones:
– Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Valentine Morgernstern.
– Lily Collins as Clary Fray.
– Jamie Campbell Bower as Jace Wayland.
– Robert Sheehan as Simon Lewis.
– Lena Headey as Jocelyn Fray.
– Jared Harris as Hodge Starkweather.
– Kevin Zegers as Alec Lightwood.
– Jemima West as Isabelle Lightwood.
– Godfrey Gao as Magnus Bane.
– Kevin Durand as Emil Pangborn.
– Robert Maillet as Samuel Blackwell.
– Aidan Turner as Luke Garroway.
– CCH Pounder as Madame Dorothea.
About the books:
“The Mortal Instruments” is a series of six young adult fantasy books written by Cassandra Clare and published by Simon & Schuster/Margaret K. McElderry Books. In the series’ first book, the #1 New York Times bestseller, “The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,” set in contemporary New York City, a seemingly ordinary teenager, Clary Fray, discovers she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret cadre of young half-angel warriors locked in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. After the disappearance of her mother, Clary must join forces with a group of Shadowhunters, who introduce her to a dangerous alternate New York called Downworld, filled with demons, warlocks, vampires, werewolves and other deadly creatures.